Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ode to the Moon



There will be a full moon tomorrow night but since my mama won't let me see it, on account of I'm still a babe and I'm not allowed to go out at night, she read me this poem instead:

Mother Of The Night


The moon watches over us
Like a Mother of the Night.
She sees through the darkness
With her soft and silvery light.

She peeks in on each one of us
And watches as we dream,
Gently placing kisses
With every new moonbeam.

She covers us with shadows
As she tiptoes 'cross the sky.
She checks on all her children
As she slowly passes by.

I was feeling a bit punk rock today and wanted to insist on checking out the moon tomorrow night for the first time. But if the moon really is as motherly as what the poem here describes, then I wouldn't mind not seeing it yet because I love being hugged by my mama. So to Diana, the moon goddess, I will see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment