Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day



Oh happy day! Everybody's alive and kicking! You see, what happened was this, Mama and Papa were enjoying their quiet evening last night with Jackie Chan at the old bar turned den. Meanwhile, I was blissfully unaware of my surroundings as I was tucked cozily in bed. But despite my deep slumber, they have to check on me every now and then hoping they wouldn't catch me belting out a solo to the tune of Crying by Aerosmith. So it was Mama's turn to check on me. Papa paused Jackie, Mama got up and next thing Papa heard was a loud crash coming from behind him. And there it was, an imprint of Mama's face splat against the sliding door. An addition to the dozens of face marks left on that evil of a door. But this time was different. It wasn't just her oily face outlining the glass that was there, blood was dripping everywhere! Wide eyed, speechless and terrified, Mama turned to Papa as Papa calmly got up, grabbed her by the shoulders, guided her to the bathroom, let the water in the sink running for her to wash the blood out til it ran dry then left her. Only to return shirtless, shirt in his hand with a clump of ice in it to be put on the damaged spot. Dabbing the ice on to the bridge of her nose, she told Papa she wanted to lie down. So she laid down beside me and I felt her kissing and hugging me like there was no tomorrow. There she was, face throbbing, heart palpitating and mind racing all because she was dreading to fall asleep. For the nightmare of not waking up the following day tormented her. Trying so hard to fight sleep, the next thing she saw was Papa locked in his own dreamland beside us. She frantically woke him up and asked if she dozed off. Papa said yes, and another series of hugs and kisses from my Mama was received by lil ol' me. She was peed-on-her-pants (metaphorically speaking) thrilled to be alive. She was only trapped in a paranoia bubble that she created. So, not minding her Gerard Depardeaux nose in the making she is now bouncing in her own love bubble with me. Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment